Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Journey Ends

"The Bike Chronicles of India" is shutting down..

    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -- Confucius

    This is my first step, my first small step..... my first post..!!

    I dont know how many miles my journey will cover... but I am sure it will be worth.


With these words I started the Journey of “The Bike Chronicles of India” on August 22’nd, 2006. Today on April 15, 2008, I have decided to end this short journey of mine due to professional reasons.

The Journey Ends
It has been a very hard decision for me to make, since I had become attached to this small blog of mine. Writing on “The Bike Chronicles of India” had actually helped me get over my 8 year old Smoking habit. Today I write this last post with a heavy heart...

I am also getting married on this April 27th to my childhood sweetheart. I hope that my better half will fill up the emptiness that will be felt in my heart after shutting down “The Bike Chronicles of India”.


I take this opportunity to thank all those visitors who have accompanied on this short journey. Thanks Guys..!! It really meant a lot to me. Maybe we’ll meet again someday.. somewhere..

Till then Ride Safe and “Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish”.



Signing off
Satadal Payeng
(Biker Next Door from India)








An article from the "The Bike Chronicles of India" has been mentioned on "The New York Times".. The timing couldnt have been more poignant..

A month back I had published an article on this blog about "Do we really need fatter/wider rear tyres..?? or do we just want it?".

To my delight (and surprise) "The New York Times" had found the article worthy enough to be mentioned in its "Automobiles" section.

NYT Links to The Bike Chronicles of India

This is what "The New York Times" had to say..

    Satadal Payeng wondered whether motorcyclists in India — and, presumably, elsewhere — really need fatter tires (or, as he has it, “tyres”). We did some quick Googling on this subject, and the best item we could find was this one. Is there a better explanation out there somewhere? (The Bike Chronicles of India)







Disclaimer:

This is to remind that the Views or Opinions in the blog are entirely mine unless explicitly stated. The Views and Opinions published in this blog should in no way be related to any other person or organization associated -- directly or indirectly -- with me.